Saturday, October 18, 2014

October Born Pretty Store Review

Happy Saturday,

Today is my Born Pretty Store review for the month of October. I was sent three items. Usually I review stamping plates from this company but I thought it would be fun to mix it up with other items the store has. The company sell water decals, nail charms, and nail polish. I decided to pick water decals to review this month. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

The first item I have for review is a sheet of Maple Leaf water decals. I liked how the sheet has a variety of patterns to chose from. I put a base coat of Ciate London Cookies and Creams so the leaf design would be the focus of the manicure. The decals were easy to apply. Each individual water decal was precut on the sheet. This allows for a nice smooth look since they are cut very close to the edges. The colors were also very vibrant as you can see in the picture. I added a layer of top coat for extra shine.

The second item I have for review is the Romatic Blue Flower full nail decal. The design is shown on my pinky finger. The product requires you to cut it out in the shape of your nail prior to application. In order to get the perfect cut, I put a piece of clear scotch tape on my nail and drew an outline for my nail. I then placed the tape on top of the plastic part of the decal so I could get a nice clean border. The product stayed nicely on my finger with a base coat and top coat. This might not be the best option for those who do not want to cut out the water decals. 

The last item I have for review is a stamping plate called Dancing girl, Cupid, and Birds. I liked how there was so much variety in the plate. I used China Glaze 'I Love Your Guts' for a base coat. I decided to show case the leaf design stamped with a black polish from MoYouNails. This was a perfect fall theme look. The rest of the patterns would be perfect for a simple and elegant manicure. Please click this link to see the rest of the images on the plate. The image transferred nicely onto the stamper and directly onto my nail. I thought there would have been some difficulties since the base polish was textured, but it went perfectly fine.

I hope you enjoyed my review!
*These items were sent for honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment