Today I have a collection review from China Glaze that will be released November. This is the holiday 2014 collection called Twinkle. It features 11 new shades and one specialty top coat. They also put a bunch of gift sets and nail art sets together which would be perfect gift ideas for the holidays. Now let the swatching begin!
'No Peeking' is a dark purple with a subtle microshimmer. This is one coat with no top coat. The formula is smooth and has a shiny finish. This is my favorite color in the entire collection!
'Chillin with My Snow-mies' is a clear polish with white hexagonal glitter. This is one coat with spot application in order to spread it out evenly. Unfortunately I think I chose the wrong color as a base. This would look better with a white or cream base so the glitter pieces don't stand out as much. For it to look nice with this base coat, the polish is missing smaller glitters to fill in the gaps.
'Pine-ing For Glitter' is a clear polish loaded with green glitter of different sizes. This color reminds me of christmas trees and the name is perfect! This is two coats with no top coat. The formula has a shiny finish. I think it would look really nice with a light green base.
'Dancing and Prancing' is a clear polish with multi colored glitters. This is two coats with spot addition. I think a white or cream base would be perfect for any birthday occasion.
'December to Remember' is a blue shimmer polish. This is two coats with no top coat. I love how the micro flakes add to the finish of the metallic blue base.
'Feeling Twinkly' is a clear polish jam packed with blue glitter. This is two coats with no top coat. The formula had a shiny finish to it.
'Out Like A Light' is a creamy gray polish. This is only ONE coat! This is another favorite of mine from the collection. I will definitely be wearing this one repeatedly during the next few months. The formula is smooth and shiny.
'Meet Me Under The Stars' is a jelly polish with blue/gray tint with silver, black, and gold glitter. This is three coats with no top coat. It really does remind me of a starry sky.
'Define Good...' is a ruby red polish. This makes me think of Christmas when I see it. This is 1 coat with no top coat. The formula was smooth and has a shiny finish.
'Tip Your Hat' is a creamy apple red polish. This is 2 coats with no top coat. The formula was smooth and just look at the shine!
After swatching all 12 colors I must say this collection really embodies the Holiday spirit. My two favorites were:
- 'No Peeking'
- Out Like A Light
Here is some more information about the different gift sets and nail art sets being offered...
"The China Glaze® Twinkle collection also features seasonally-inspired gift sets including:
- Glow in the Snow: De-Light, Out Like a Light, and Meet Me Under the Stars with a mini LED flashlight (MSRP $22.50)
- Bringing in the Season: Define Good…, Dancing & Prancing, and No Peeking! with a bright purple pouch (MSRP $22.50)
- Reflect on the Season: Chillin’ with My Snow-mies, Out Like a Light, and Tip Your Hat with a compact mirror in a bright red sleeve (MSRP $22.50)
- ‘Tis the Season: Mini bottles of Define Good…, De-Light, Pine-ing For Glitter, and Feeling Twinkly (MSRP $20.00)
- Time to be Freezin’: Mini bottles of Tip Your Hat, No Peeking!, I’d Melt for You, and Chillin’ with My Snow-mies (MSRP $20.00)
There is no better time of the year for nail art than the holidays and this season, China Glaze® makes creating the most festive designs a cinch with five Twinkle Nail Art Kits including:
- Lights in a Tangle: Create holiday lights using De-Light, Define Good…, Pine-ing for Glitter, and Snow (core shade) with nail design thread (MSRP $30.00)
- Trim the Tree: Decorate your nails with Christmas trees using Define Good…, December to Remember, and Paper Chasing (core shade) with nail design striping tape (MSRP $22.50)
- Clause for Celebration: Accent your manicure with Santa’s hat using Tip Your Hat, Meet Me Under the Stars, and Chillin’ with My Snow-mies with nail design gems (MSRP $22.50)
- Candy Can Can-Can: I’d Melt For You, Tip Your Hat, and Snow (core shade) with nail design striping tape (MSRP $22.50)
- Sprinkle Some Twinkle: Half-moons and French tips glisten using Dancing & Prancing and No Peeking! with nail design guides (MSRP $15.00)"
*Items have been sent for honest review*