Friday, September 19, 2014

Ciate Haute House Leather Look Fall 2014 Collection Review and Swatch

Good afternoon!

Today I have a review of Ciates newly released Haute House collection. There are two finishes available, the leather look and the ink look. Today I have a review of the leather look collection. I just love the packaging of this collection! It is so original compared to other brands. The collection includes four lovely fall colors and a silicone top coat for extra shine. Each bottle is 5ml of polish. The four colors are 'Dare to Bare', 'Mostly a Minx', 'Can't it be Kinky', and 'Good to be a goddess'.


'Dare to Bare' is a tan polish perfect for all skin tones. The color is self leveling and opaque with two medium coats of polish. On the first coat, the polish was slightly see through, which is a common finding with most tan/nude colored polishes. But as you can see in the picture, the second coat took care of the problem! The consistency was good and the application was smooth. The formula has a glossy shine. This is with no top coat.

'Mostly A Minx' is an apple red polish. This is one coat of polish. The formula is self leveling, has a smooth finish on its own, and a semi glossy shine. I added one coat silicone topcoat on my index and ring finger to show you a comparison. As you can see the fingers with the top coat look very glossy and finish off the manicure nicely. I must say that this topcoat is a must have in any collection!

'Good to be a Goddess' is a deep blue polish. This is one coat of polish with one coat of silicone topcoat. The formula was smooth, self leveling, and easy to work with. Under the white light the color appears to have certain patches that could have been covered with another coat of polish, but in room lighting you can not tell the difference. I decided to try this polish out and wore it for 1 day. I was happy to find that the blue did not stain my cuticles or nails! Remember that when removing darker colored nail polish you should swipe away from the cuticles to avoid staining.

'Can't be Kinky' is a pitch black polish. I do not usually wear black polish but the color looked very classy. This is one coat with no top coat. The formula was smooth, self leveling, and easy to work with.

Overall I had a great experience with these polishes. The collection has a nice spread of colors to choose from and I must say that my favorite is "Dare to Bare'! The topcoat that was included in the collection added an extra shine to each polish when applied. What is your favorite out of the collection? Let me know if you would like any swatch comparisons! Be sure to pick up this set at your local Sephora stores for $25. I can imagine that it will be hard to find as we go further into the fall season.

*These items have been sent for honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment