Sunday, July 20, 2014

China Glaze POP TOP Collection Review (Part 1 of 2)

Today I have a review on China Glaze POP TOP Collection. These glitters are a re-release and are a limited edition set. The collection includes 2 solid colors and 6 fun toppers. I also added these colors to my Pinterest so you can pin them!

The colors included are:



  • Heart of Africa: Shimmering deep red 
  • White on White: Crisp white crème 
  • Pizzazz: Twinkling multi-dimensional glitter blend
  • Fairy Dust: Delicate silver sparkle overcoat 
  • Luxe & Lush: A high octane flaky overcoat
  • Your Present Required: Multi-sized and multi-colored glitter
  • I Pink I Can: Multi-sized pink glitter
  • Techno: Glitter confetti polish


  • 'Your Present Required' is a clear polish with glitter pieces mixed in. The glitter pieces include white, blue, gold/orange, and purple. I added only 1 coat with some glitter placement. Like with any glitter polish, it tends to gather in places depending on the way your paint your nails. I enjoyed that the glitter was mixed in with clear polish, which allowed me to be more generous in areas once I swiped once.
    This color was released in China Glaze Happy HoliGlaze Collection 2013. My base coat is China Glaze 'Pink-IE Promise' which I thought complemented the glitter very well. The top coat was from CultCosmetics.

    'Pizzazz' is a clear polish with multi-dimensional glitters. The glitter pieces include pink, orange, silver, purple, and blue. I added only 1 coat with some glitter placement. This one is heavy on the glitter with each swipe so be conscious of how much is on the brush before you apply.
    My base coat is China Glaze 'Keep Calm and Paint on' which I thought complemented the glitter very well. I did not put a top coat on this swatch.

    'I Pink I Can' is a clear polish with multi-sized pink glitter. I decided to not use a base coat on this one so you can see how the polish stands out. I did one coat towards and then added a second at the tips so you can see how much is with each coat. This color reminds me of Essie 'A cut above' from the Holiday 2013 collection.

    Overall I really liked all the glitter toppers. I think they are perfect for birthday days and fun events as either a full mani or as an accent nail. My favorite is 'Your Present Required' which I wore on my Disneyland date this past weekend! The manicure just makes me smile.

    These three colors with ChinaGlaze 'White on White' are part of a four piece set. Stay tuned for the other set of colors!

    "China Glaze® Pop Top will be available in August 2014 as open stock colors and 12-piece counter display, plus two four-piece box collections, “Glisten Up” and “Feeling Sparkly”.  Individual polishes will retail for $7.50 MSRP and the four-piece box collections retail for $19.95 each.  China Glaze® Pop Top will be available at fine salons and beauty supply stores nationwide; the four-piece kits will be available exclusively at Ulta. China Glaze® is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde. 

    China Glaze® nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Facebook (@ChinaGlaze), Instagram (@ChinaGlazeOfficial), Twitter (@ChinaGlaze) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/chinaglaze), #ChinaGlazePopTop."

    *These items were provided for honest review*

    No comments:

    Post a Comment