Wednesday, April 1, 2015

China Glaze Electric Nights Summer 2015 | Swatch Review & Comparison


Happy Wednesday!

Today I have swatches of the entire China Glaze Electric Night collection 2015. The polishes are a nice mix of 9 neon glow in the dark shades and 3 splatter top coats. The formulas have a watery feel the allows for self leveling for the most part. I will mention below specifics of each polish with comparison shots with similar colors in my polish collection. All polishes are shown with OPI base coat and no top coat. Please note that I did my best to capture as accurate as possible, but there may be variations since neons are so hard to capture. These were taken in a light box. Most colors will pop a lot more in the sunlight. 




"Violet-Vibes: Ultra-violet purple crème"
The color is a bright magenta-violet. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. You can do 1 coat if you want a more sheer look. The formula is thin, slightly watery, self leveling, and easy to work with if you use thin coats. You must use a light hand and take off excess polish before application or else you will end with way to much on the nail. The polish has a satin finish, which I really enjoyed. Dry time a few minutes. I had the color on for 5 minutes with base coat with no stain. My swatch comparison is with China Glaze Givers Theme on my pinky finger, which I thought had a darker undertone. Violet Vibes has more magenta vibe to it.  

"Plur-Ple*: Vibrant blue-purple crème"
The color is cool tone purple. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula thin, watery, and semi self leveling. You must use a light hand and take off excess polish before application or else you will end with way to much on the nail. A little goes a long way with this polish. No stain with base coat after 20 minute wear. This color was hard to capture. So I used my iphone at the end to show the vibrance of the color that was washed out with my Nikon Camera, so excuse the lower quality photo.
China+Glaze+Plur+ple

"Glow with the Flow*: Ultra bright baby pink crème" 
The color is a bright highlighter pink. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula thin, watery, and semi self-leveling. Dry time was a few minutes. No stain. The polish has a satin finish. This color was hard to capture. So I used my iphone at the end to show the vibrance of the color that was washed out with my Nikon Camera, so excuse the lower quality photo.
China+Glaze+Glow+with+the+Flow
China+Glaze+Glow+with+the+Flow

"Red-y to Rave*: Unstoppable neon red crème"
The color is neon orange/red. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula is the same as the previous ones. The polish has a satin finish. This color was also hard to capture. So I used my iphone at the end to show the vibrance of the color that was washed out with my Nikon Camera, so excuse the lower quality photo.
China+Glaze+Red-y+to+Rave
China+Glaze+Red-y+to+Rave

"Home Sweet House Music*: Neon orange crème"
The color is neon orange. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula thin and tad harder to work with then the previous polishes. I had some patchy parts on the first coat, but the second medium coat took care of everything. No stain. I don't have anything in my collection that is close to this color. Looks beautiful in person and on camera! The polish has a satin finish. 
China+Glaze+Home+Sweet+House+Music
China+Glaze+Home+Sweet+House+Music

"Daisy Know My Name?: Hi-light yellow crème"
The color is highlighter yellow. This is 3 coats with no white base coat. The formula is thin and watery. I had some trouble with this one. It was patchy and sheer with no white base. This is the only one that needed three coats. My least favorite of the collection because of all the coats that it needed. If you are looking for this bright color, then you have to be patient. The polish has a satin finish. 
China+Glaze+Daisy+Know+My+Name?
China+Glaze+Daisy+Know+My+Name?

"UV Meant to Be: Tranquil baby blue crème"
The color is sky blue. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula thin, slightly watery, and self leveling. The polish has a satin finish. This color is another favorite of mine! I color did not stain with a base coat. The color is similar to China Glaze Capacity to Sea (middle) and Essie I'm Addicted (pinky). My swatch comparison shows the colors are similar, not dupes. 
China+Glaze+UV+Meant+to+Be
China+Glaze+UV+Meant+to+Be

"DJ Blue My Mind: Vivid blue crème"
The color is deep blue. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. This can also be okay with 1 medium coat. The formula thin and self leveling. The polish has a satin finish. I only had this one on for a few minutes and it slightly stained my cuticles, so I would be careful with this one. Be sure to add an extra coat of base coat. The color is similar to China Glaze Wait N Sea (ring finger). The color is similar Wait N Sea has a teal hue to it, so not exact dupes, but close.
China+Glaze+DJ+Blue+My+Mind

"Treble Maker: Glowing  green crème"
The color is lime green. This is 2 coats with no white base coat. The formula thin, creamy, and self leveling. The polish has a satin finish. I do not have anything like this color in my collection.
China+Glaze+Treble+Maker
China+Glaze+Treble+Maker

"Point Me to the Party: Neon green, orange, pink and blue matte multi-size glitter"
The color is clear polish with glitters (orange, pink, yellow, purple, and blue). This polish has so many colors its crazy!This is 2 coats with white base coat. The glitter requires spot addition between the two coats. 
China+Glaze+Point+Me+to+the+Party
China+Glaze+Point+Me+to+the+Party



"Let the Beat Drop: Hot orange and pink matte multi-size glitter"
The color is a clear polish with lots of glitters (orange, purple, and pink) in different sizes. This is 2 coats with a white base coat. The glitter requires spot addition between the two coats. 
China+Glaze+Let+the+Beat+Drop


"Can I Get An Untz Untz: Cool neon blue and green matte multi-size glitter"
The color is a clear polish with mostly green and blue glitter. There are a few purple glitters very rarely in the polish. Can I say I love the name of this polish!! This is 2 coats with white base coat and spot addition in between. 
China+Glaze+Can+I+Get+An+Untz+Untz
China+Glaze+Can+I+Get+An+Untz+Untz



Overall I liked this collection. The colors were bright and perfect for summer. The formula was easy to work with for most of the shades once I got the hang of them. I'm just glad I didn't have to put a white base for them! The glitters reminded me of indie polishes with all the different colors. 

My top three favorite from this collection are:
1. Violet-Vibes
2. UV Meant to Be
3. Let the Beat Drop

The ones above with "*" will be available in Gelaze® Gel-n-Base in One™ gel polish. There will also be "four limited edition “Tips & Toes” 2-piece sets of China Glaze® and Gelaze® shades – Gelaze® for manicures and the matching China Glaze® shade for pedicures"

Be sure to leave a comment below if you have a color similar to one of these polishes. The official release date is April 2015. The collection is already available in some Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply stores. Be sure to keep an eye out for them when you shop! Let me know what color you like best!

*These items were sent for honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment